The principal applicant’s e-mail address will be used for all communication.
Terms and Conditions
Prior to commencing your application please ensure:
1. Your Host Institution has read and agreed the Terms & Conditions under which any offer of Grant Award will be provided.
2. You have collected the following information from your Host Institution Legal or Financial Representative or both if your institution requires and submitted with your application as a PDF attachment. Download this form, complete it fully and return as an attachment below in PDF format.
3. Your application WILL NOT be considered without 2 above having been submitted in the following format on this application.
Please complete all the fields.
1. Details of principal applicant
Details of UK-based co-applicants.
Name: Full title, all initials
and last/family name
Present position of Principal Applicant
Your Email (required)
Co-applicant names: Use
full titles, all initials and
2. Project Details
Title of project (maximum 25 words)
2a. Length of project (in months)
2b Project start date dd/mm/yy
2c Project end date dd/mm/yy
3. Estimated costs (please note that the charity does not cover overheads)
4. Briefly describe the aims of this project using non-technical terminology (maximum 200 words). Please note that this section may be seen by non-scientists
5. Please describe the relevance of this project and say how it fits with Histio UK research goals and objectives. (maximum 200 words)
6. Patient/public involvement (maximum 200 words). If appropriate please state if you have involved or plan to involve patients or members of the public in the research process e.g., involvement in the choice of research topics, advising on project design or in carrying out the research. This is different to carrying out research on patients or disseminating findings. It involves working with patients or the public rather than doing research on, to or for them.
7. Outline your proposed research plan (maximum 1200 words). You should describe the hypothesis to be tested and the methods of research to be used. The study design should be described in sufficient detail for our advisors to understand what is proposed.
8. Outline your plans to develop this work into a nationally competitive funding bid including target funder and likely timeline (200 words)
9. Please list up to 5 recent publications for the principal applicant
10. Have you applied to the charity with this application before? If so, please give the reference number and brief reasons for the re-submission.
11. Do you or your co-applicants have any grants from Histiocytosis UK that are currently active? If so, please give the reference number(s)
11a. If yes to the above, are you up to date with submitting the interim/final reports requested by the charity?
12. Do you or your co-applicants have any grants from OTHER funders that are currently active? If so, please give the name of funder value and reference number(s)
12a. Have you or your co-applicants applied for grants from OTHER funders for this proposal. If so, please give the name of funder, value, reference number(s) and status of the application.
13. Terms and Conditions Acceptance Institution/ Host Confirmation and Acceptance of the administration and financial management of
this award IF granted. (Note: Applications WILL NOT be accepted without this confirmation).
Consented by checking this box: -
1. We agree that we have read and understood the Terms and Conditions applicable to any successful application.
2. We agree that, we as the Host and Institution will carry out all administration and financial management (including any transfer of funds) for all funds received by us to enable this project and will do what needs to be done to ensure the project can be conducted and concluded in the time period .
3. We understand and agree that all funds made available under this application will be made and received by us GBP £ sterling and no other currency, in addition all currency charges involved in the transfer will be paid by us the Host Institution.
4. We agree that we will sign on presentation the TERMS & CONDITIONS as presented to us by Histiocytosis UK.